Have you ever asked: “how I can install TOra or Oracle client for my favourite language into my suse system?”
It was always a pain mainly due the brilliant Oracle licensing policy. Now it should be a little bit easier – just because I started special repositories with Oracle related packages.
Now it contains:
- TOra, universal DB development/admin tool, stable version
- TOra development snapshot
- python-cx_Oracle, Python bindings to Oracle
- php5-pecl-oci8, PHP binding to Oracle
- misc packages required to build software mentioned above
Of course there can be more – I’m open to suggestions (and contributions too of course).
Please, follow the instruction on the main page of the project.